Now I am a mum of 2 young boys I have another occasion each year which I get to receive a gift. I would be quite happy with a handmade card from the little ones but it seems each year that I do a lot better than that. My boys are both under 7 so there is no way they are going to pick the Mother's Day presents and using their own money so its my lovely husband that treats me. I don't know whether the timing with it being just after Valentine's Day and the guilt of not being too romantic over that period or just a real appreciation of my role as a mother but I do get some great things.
Its with this in mind that I have come up with my dream Mother's Day present wish List!
1. Tea for one set - I love a cup of tea so this pretty tea for one set from Anthropologie would be perfect!
2. Some glamorous new personalised leather travel toiletry bags
3. Love this gorgeous new tableware and what better way to remember the kids than using it to eat off every night.
4. Quirky pink flamingo egg cups from Graham & Green. What more could I ask for?
5. Mui Mui sandals - well every girl needs more shoes and these are going to be just perfect for the summer!
6. Gorgeous new scarf from Vida Vida now that spring is here and I always throw a scarf in my bag just in case the weather changes which is the one thing it can be relied on to do right now.
7. A monthly flower subscription from online flower service, Bloom. Unique and quirky bouquets delivered to your house each month or, if I were greedy, every 2 weeks!
8. My favourite face cream from Chanel who else?
9. New leather backpack for hand free running around after the kids.
10. Family travel wallet making travelling with kids easier as all passports and tickets together in one place and ready when needed. No more fumbling around inside that messy handbag.
Most importantly I am hoping for a wonderful drawing or hand made card from the kids.
Whatever you get up to this Mother's Day, have a wonderful time and enjoy it.
Hope my husband reads this!